Sunday, September 21, 2014

And so the journey begins...

Hello out there!

I'm not sure how you came to stumble upon this blog, but I'm glad you did. Welcome!

If you have come to read this blog, you are probably a fan of the Final Fantasy series, like I am. I have been playing Final Fantasy since 1997, beginning with my first foray into the series - Final Fantasy VII. I became so enamored with every nuance of the game that I started branching out to play all the other games in the series, and to this day I struggle to pick a favorite. Every game in the series holds a special place in my heart, and no matter how many times I stray away playing non-FF games, I always wind up coming back to the series like a homesick child longing to be back in the comfort of family. 

Looking around online, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of Final Fantasy-related blogs and websites out there. Unfortunately, I never really took advantage of the wonderful FF fanbase and community that is out there, full of people just waiting to express their passion of FF with others. 

As I approach my 28th birthday at the end of this month, I have decided that I would like to become involved and engaged in the FF online community and share my passion for FF games with others. So I have decided that my gift to myself for my birthday will be to spend the next year playing (and replaying) through the main series of FF games! I believe it will be a fun challenge and will give me a way to immerse myself with the larger FF community.

As I sit here typing this post and thinking about the challenge ahead of me, I cannot help but be reminded of the famous opening scene from Final Fantasy I as you cross the bridge north of Cornelia...


And so, it is here that I finish my first post. Over the next few posts, I plan to detail out some specifics of my final fantasy journey for the next year. I hope that some of you will join me in this endeavor, whether for the entirety of the year, or for just one of the games in the series! It's going to be a fun ride, and I cannot wait to get started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment